Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bath Robe and the Movies

So yesterday Hatcher was having a pretty good day so Grandma Vauna babysat so Randy and I could go on a date .  A date ... what is that?  It is so hard to leave this little guy, not to mention he is not the easiest kiddo to watch ... a little stressful, thank goodness for grams!  Anyway we had to run to the pharmacy and do some errands and kinda on a whim we drove by the movies, called grandma (all was well), so we decided to grab some bread sticks at Kmart (glamours I know) and go to Battleship.  While at Kmart I told Randy I was not prepared for a movie (I'm always cold, even in 90 degree weather if AC is involved).  So I thought I would just grab a sweatshirt.  Of courses there is not sweatshirts in July in the entire store, so I ended up with a bright pink polka dot bath robe (which I really did need).  I shoved it in my purse and stayed cozy, head on Randy's shoulder the entire movie!  It is so weird to go do normal things.  I couldn't help but sit there and think how the world just goes on. I felt rejuvenated when I got home and had energy for Hatcher's needs again.  I had to take this picture before bed because Hatcher was so happy just to be in the middle of us as usual.  He loves that our bed is his bed and always tries to get Randy's pillow before Randy can get in bed.  I'm thankful for this smile because it was one long night!  The loud oxygen machine that purrs, towel, and bowl that accompanie us every night is kinda funny when I think about it.  I bet I change my sheets more than anyone!  When those cast get stuck he coughs so much he throws up all the time.  We gave him his lasics too late and laying on top of Randy wet the bed, or should I say wet Randy!  We laughed at the scene ... and for some reason this makes me more in love with Randy than ever!  Loving this little boy (and Jax of course) more than anything makes us close.  I love looking over at this sick little boy on this strong man's chest, trying to make him feel safe when just breathing is hard.  I hate nights ... I'm up too much with Hatcher and have too much time to think, but last night I didn't mind it and smiled at the thought of me in my robe at the movies on a date!  I think blogging is like cheap therapy, makes me feel good to recognize all the good things in life! 


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe what a long road it's been for you all! Hatcher is a handsome boy and Tera sends him big hugs. What a strong big boy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Britt - I wish I could just give you a big hug right now and have some good belly laughs with you. I am in awe of all you and randy do for Hatcher. You amaze me! We miss you guys and wish we lived closer so we could help out and see family more often. We think of you guys daily and the kiddos make sure to include Hatcher in their daily prayers. Hang in there with that special little boy - what a blessing to have him in the Hatch family. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how strong you are, you guys are such an inspiration. My problems seem miniscule compared to what you are going through. Hatcher is beautiful, and he has touched so many lives. You are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Britt,
    Sending lots of love for you and your family! Thinking of you in your robe at the movies makes me laugh. I want to fly out to see you and give Hatcher a huge hug. I think of him struggling to get the casts out and of you watching him and trying to cope. And I think of how wonderful the moments when he is free of the casts must be too - I miss you all.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Britt and Randy,

    Our baby was next to Hatcher in the cardio unit at LPCH last year. Hatcher is just such a bright light and you and Randy are wonderful, caring parents. Jaxyn even played with our 2 year old a little. ... What a long road your family has traveled, filled with miracles and wonder and, above all, the gift of this little cowboy. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you.

    Christy and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great post, I just got on here and wanted to tell you that I enjoyed visiting with you at the Downey Fair a couple weeks ago. You are so sweet and just watching you and Randy and Jaxyn with your sweet boy and the love for him that just radiates from you all is so awesome! Also, just being around Hatcher, I felt the spirit stronger than I have in a long time and I am so thankful for that. Thanks for being such an inspiration and know that our family prays for yours every day!

    ReplyDelete