Tuesday, December 6, 2011

4 Hatcher



In just days now Hatcher will be turning 4! Although his world still seems to revolve around cowboys, he is really into super hero's. Everything we eat has to be a super hero sand witch, super hero granola bar, super hero glass of milk. I bought some Halloween costumes on clearance and he has definitely been getting good use out of them! This little boy is so small but so full of wisdom. To think of all the horrible things he has had to endure in his short life makes me feel overwhelmed, but it is days like today I'm so thankful both he and I continue to fight. He watched a Zorro cartoon 4 times in front of the fire because preschool pretty much wore him out. In his undies.... always wants to show off his muscles. I love that he is satisfied as long as I'm holding him. I'm thankful that he reminds me that I don't always need to be on the run. That it's good to just sit by the fire and watch the same cartoon over and over when I should be paying bills and loading the dish washer. I love that he is scared of the magical elf Christopher that came to our house from the north pole to watch if he is being good. I love that this morning he put lotion on his chest and said, "oh, this sure makes my surgery feel good." I love that today he painted and got more on the table than on the paper and is sure that his master pieces will make the most wonderful Christmas gifts. Thank you Hatcher for turning 4 .... you are my super hero!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Hatcher on your 4th Birthday, he truly is a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday little man! Love following the progress he is making! Britt you are amazing. Good for you for cherishing the simple things. That is something I am desperately working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hatcher-
    Happy 4th Birthday! You are truly a superhero in our eyes...and you have a super hero family!! Celebrate today and everyday for the simple things, the big squeezes, the powers that come from within and the strength that comes from a loving Heavenly Father! We love you and miss you liiving closer. Give your mama, dad and big sister a squeeze from us.

    All our love-
    Sydney, Reese & Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany, I don't think you know us, but we are good friends of the Hatch family. We love all that family so much and we have been following Hatcher's progress like he was one of our grandkids. We just love him and you and Randy are such a good example of faith to all of us. Love reading about your family and Hatcher. We feel like we know you all well also. Little Hatcher would be so loved by all of us as Jaxyn. Good luck to all of you this next year. You have been in our prayers. give Hatcher a hug from us.
    Love
    Bill & Janet Slesk

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is nothing BUT a super hero......Love you little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete