Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"The Best Day Ever!"

We decided to pack up all the meds and neb and head to the beach! We were able to do the afternoon treatment in the car on the drive. I am sure we looked silly driving down the road with our windows open, safety masks on, and Hatcher doing his treatments! This was the first time Hatcher has ever been to a sandy beach. Both of the kids were so excited, it makes me smile just thinking about it! We spent the day running from waves, digging , chasing, shell finding, picnic eating, and enjoying the moment. I turned to Randy as we were walking on the beach and told him that I wished I could freeze time. To think of all the obstacles Hatcher has overcome is amazing. To have watched him fight so hard for life is humbling. I watched as this little boy stood and looked out over such a powerful ocean and couldn't help but think of the remarkable miracles we have witnessed. One the way back we came upon a little ranch that was doing pony rides. Of course we had to stop! When we got back in the car it was time for another treatment. Hatcher said in the sweetest voice, "This is the best day ever!" It sure was bud, thank you for reminding us just how good life is. When we got back to the apartment we had a pajama party, made a fort, watched The black stallion, and dad tickled the kids till their belly's hurt! I loved hearing them say, "Do it again dad!" And to end the night Randy told them a bed time story about two kids their same age that went to the beach ... it was hilarious, and we were all laughing so hard, I don't think he will ever be able to top that one! It was so wonderful to forget our worries and have the best day ever!








Hatcher had this little smile on his face the entire time.


Howdy!


Hiding from dad in the closet.


The kids and Randy built a fort and played pirates! So fun to hear their happy little shrills as the mean old pirate (Randy) came to get their tummies!

5 comments:

  1. I was totally feelin' your vibe and just HAD to check your blog today! SO happy to see and hear about your "Best Day" and being free from the hospital. You are beautiful - and I am so grateful for how you make every moment beautiful and great in spite of the circumstance. Love that you guys can have family time away from all the stress and just enjoy each other. I love you all - and mister Hatcher pants, I knew you'd be back in the saddle again! So glad it was so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That is the best day ever. I love all the pictures, good job Britt. We love you guys and can't wait for you to get all the way home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt, I love reading your posts. I am in awe of you as a mother, you truly are amazing. I pray every day for your family and little Hatcher, I'm so glad to see him enjoying himself and away from the hospital!! Truly a blessing.
    Love you guys
    Niki Haggren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully & amazingly FUNtastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news that you are 1 step closer to being home. We are praying for your little cowboy and think about you all of the time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete