Thursday, June 30, 2011

We were so saddened by the loss of our heart friend Hannah. She was hypoplastic left heart too .. had underwent a transplant and fought till the end. What an amazing example of love and courage she is to us. Hannah's mom taught me a lot about being knowledgeable and being your child's best advocate! I know Alaska will miss you Hannah ... what a beautiful angel you will make and I'm sure you will help Hatcher on his journey! Hatcher and Jaxyn sent heart balloons up to Hannah with the wish of finding cures to help heart kids!


Jaxyn is so exited to be getting baptized July 23 at 4pm! What a wonderful example of Faith, Hope, and Love she is to me!




THANK YOU to everyone who helped give us a yard! The kids boot prints were my favorite part!




We made it home and I can't believe how time has flown by! We drove in Late Friday, June 10th to a driveway full of family, friends, and a new yard! Much to our surprise we found grass, curbing, rock walls, gravel, a new patio, what an amazing labor of love! I was overwhelmed with emotion, just pulling up to the house with Hatcher would have been enough to make me cry, let alone a yard! Thanks to amazing family, friends, and community Hatcher and Jaxyn have grass to play on this summer! We don't even have words to express how much this touched our hearts. No matter what happens we will always have the picture of Hatcher running on the grass returning home! THANK YOU to all that helped, we know it took many to make this happen!


Hatcher is doing well. He ended up at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake a few days after we got home, but continues to amaze us with his determination to fight plastic bronchitis. He scared me to death when he struggled to get a cast out and ended up limp in my arms ... something I never want to experience again! He went to the ER ... and then to SL ... and then to ridding his little plastic car around the hospital! He is one tough cookie! We are so happy to be home and love seeing Hatcher being able to take tractor rides and play cowboys once again! I am exhausted keeping up with being nurse and mom, but what can I say ... I asked for it! Thanks again to everyone for their continued love and concern.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are home. Looks like you were able to buy a new home---congrats! We are so excited Jaxyn is getting baptized. She is such a great girl. Lots of love & prayers going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what amazing support! Your yard looks awesome! Real grass sure is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for Jaxyn -what a big day to look forward to - one waited for with purpose and love! And it's wonderful to see pictures of Hatcher doing a little more of the every-day right (tractor rides, etc.)!? I'm so glad the kids get to enjoy your new yard. You're all so deserving of such blessings and hope more are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Britt,
    I hope you don't mind me taking a look at your blog. I went back and read about your sweet Hatcher. I enjoyed your posts and I think you have one amazing little boy. I really feel honored that I got to take pictures of your sweet family. I hope all continues to go well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete