Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

This is why I love being a mom ... Hatcher, Jax and Randy, you always make me laugh!
The weather has been so nice, but it has turned a little cold the past few days. This is Hatcher in my hat getting ready to go outside to the CVICU patio, so glad he has that, makes the day much better.



One of my dad's best friends came in to town to watch his son who plays for the Huskies. It was so wonderful to have some visitors, what a great guy you are Jim. Thanks for coming to see us, it meant so much! Randy and Jaxyn got to sit with them at the Standford / Washington baseball game and had a blast.





Hatcher got a special visit from Nissen Osterneck ... professional suffer and ultimate fighter. Brought hats, shirts and a signed poster that is now on Hatcher wall.


Randy and Hatcher love to watch ultimate fighting together and Randy told Hatcher that this was one of the guys they watch. This picture is Hatcher showing Nissen how he fights his dad ... what a cool guy Nissen, you have fans for life!



Hatcher hates his "shaky vest" treatments and inhaled TPA along with other drugs every 4 hrs. He was promised chocolate pudding if he was a big boy and was good for his treatment ... the next time he was offered the same reward he said, " no thanks, lets just not do the treatment."



So fun to get a packages, thanks Auntie for the Superman PJ's and treats. To everyone who has sent us things to brighten our days a huge thank you ... we couldn't do it without you all!



I have had so many thoughts today. Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a mom. I can remember begging my parents to have more kids. I often pretended my younger cousins Tyler, Mica, Shane, Kai, Cam, Cody, were my younger siblings and loved it when they would sit with us at church. I could just imagine how fun it would be to have a baby and be a mom. Although I realize there is a lot more to it now, I I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I feel like I have been given a gift ... one that I would never have known had Hatcher not come to our family. Each day that he is here I am reminded that someone else is in charge and we can only make the best of each and every day. This surgery I have come to really know the sick child world that exists. The hug from another mom who just let their 9 year old go, in the OR so he could be a complete organ donor. The pain of another as I watched her walk her pink bundle out of the CVICU and down to the morgue. The love of a family we only knew for a few weeks but felt so connected with ... kissing sweet Ethan goodbye is something I will never forget. It is the grace of a mother that I am so thankful for tonight. My mom is here and she sat with Hatcher so Randy, Jax and I could go out to dinner. She was happy to do it ... isn't that what mom's do, take care of us even if it's their day, thanks mom for doing that for us, it was a much needed break! Jaxyn and Hatcher I hope you know that I feel blessed to be your mom, and for the record I think you are the best kids ever, I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading all your experiences and thoughts. Jaxs and Hatcher are blessed to have such a special mom. Your dad shared with us experiences you've had and lives you've touched while being at LPCH. Not one of us in the room had a dry eye. Very touching. We are all praying for Hatcher and haven't given up on a miracle for him yet. Glad he likes the PJs. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echo that sis, tears streaming down face! You are one wise woman and I love you so much. So glad I could be there with you last week - it meant everything in the world to me. You have amazingly special kids - and I know you and Randy are to blame! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit, thinking about you today :-) Mason and I were there last Mother's Day and I wouldn't have chosen to be any where else. What an amazing feeling it is to be a Mother and surrounded by so many little angels and heroes!!!! Thanks for sharing all your special experiences.

    How did the CT go this week? Have you talked with the transplant team again yet? Love to chat if you need to.......sumstrick@gmail.com

    xoxo, Miracle Mason's Mommy

    ReplyDelete