Friday, May 20, 2011

SMILE

Getting ready to take a bath and go swimming ... so great to have a tub in our room to splash in. Hatcher was fully potty trained going into this surgery, but look who has decided diapers are much easier!
The Standford baseball team came to visit and play with the kids. They gave the kids signed baseball hats and helped to make the night fun.
An astronaut visited from NASA and the kids made rockets and got to meet Camilla, a rubber chicken who has gone on many missions to space.



Jaxyn and Hatcher have made a best friend .... Rachel you have made our days brighter and smiles bigger. You are sweetness and we feel blessed to get to be your friend!

I am so grateful for the roof top terrace. The kids are able to go up, have ice cream and make a secret fort in the landscaping. I cherish these normal kid times they get to have!



Ms. Katy we love you! What an amazing teacher and friend yo have been to our little Jaxyn!

USA baseball spoiled Hatcher with all kinds of treasures! Love the #10 Hatcher jersey, it's perfect for the name sake! I had to laugh because the kids have had so much fun with the box and popcorn it came in. Jaxyn will hide little toys in it and Hathcer tries to find them all, then he does it for her. I love that the box was just as cool as the jersey to Hatcher and he is making sure it does not get thrown away!





I wish I was reporting that we had made it out of the hospital and to the apartment .... but it looks like we will be here at least another 2 weeks! Early Thursday morning Hatcher started coughing and sats dropping ... I was sick to my stomach knowing that he was probably working on another cast. I could tell his energy was gone and that he did not feel good. Sure enough during a respiratory treatment at around 1 am he coughed up a piece of the plastic bronchitis, and another that afternoon. Ahhhhhh! He had to go back on oxygen and we put his NG tube back in because he was having a hard time taking all his meds by mouth. He went back up on all his respiratory and vest treatments. A huge step back, but he seems to be responding. He is off oxygen today, sats back up and he is feeling much better. I have to say I have been a little discouraged, so all I am trying to do is smile through it! Jaxyn has been going to the hospital school and really enjoying it. When we told her that we would have to stay longer she said, "Oh mom, that's not bad. One of my friends at school has been here 2 years!" So tonight I feel blessed. Blessed to have our own room, happy moments with Hatcher, new friends, amazing nurses, sunshine, outside play areas, Tpa, chocolate chip cookies from Hatcher's lunch tray, and most of all the tender mercies the Lord continually pours upon us. We found out this afternoon that the insurance finally approved the Tpa for at home use! Because it is not FDA approved for what Hatcher needs it for and is currently considered experimenta,l it was a little tricky and had me feeling a bit stressed. Thank goodness for all the experts who have helped us get things approved. So here is to more time at Lucile Packard ... SMILE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Britt, I love that post. You are so positive! I love how Hatcher is back in diapers, whatever is easier for him right now is what I would choose too!! I love how Jaxyn is totally fine with staying longer, what a little trooper. You guys hang in there. I am dreaming of home on the range for you guys too!! We sure love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete