Sunday, May 1, 2011

This is all I want ... my two kiddos snuggling up!

Spoiled by yet another Aunt!


Cathy brought us some treats today. Hatcher said, "Oh, is it my birthday?" We decided it would be his un-birthday!


So good to have Pops and Grams here!


This is Kirsten one of our favorites from when Hatcher was a baby. Thanks for making us feel so great, you have wonderful energy and Hatcher is even calling her his girlfriend!


Airplane flying with Aunt Lon ... so happy to see him smile!


Nurse Dorothy brought Hatcher some purple dye for his mohawk. He thought it was pretty cool and so did I! I think he more than deserves to be able to live it up in the CVICU!


Happy times with SIS!


Thanks Grady and LC for the goodie box! Hatcher loved the hat! We hope he will be your star player in years to come! We appreciate all of you who care... it keeps us going!




Once again it's been days since my last update. I will try to do a quick recap of the last few days. Wednesday night Jaxyn, Grams, and Pops arrived. It was crazy good to see miss Jaxyn! She looked so big and her teeth have grown in so much! It had been 1 month since we had seen her... never been away from her close to that long! Hatcher had had a sad day, just not feeling good. I was thinking that he was going to light up when he saw all of them, but he was just feeling too sick. The next morning he had another bronch. It was much better than the last two and stayed stable and they pulled out less plastic. Once he got back to his room he was like a new boy. He has been so happy to have some fresh playmates. It has been so refreshing to see him having happy moments again and even doing some singing and dancing. Lonnie came in on Friday night and boy was I glad to see her. It has been a much needed lift me up! Plans are to head to the OR to bronch tomorrow and also get a CT scan. We still don't know what all of this means for Hatcher but we are trying to remain hopeful. We meet with the head of transplant and discussed some options. Randy and I never could have imagined we would be having discussions like the ones we have had about life the past little while. Jaxyn seems to be handling things OK, her faith is amazing and I am grateful that she is here with us once again. She will start school Monday at the hospital school upstairs and is excited for a new adventure. So sad to see Randy's parents leave today ... can't thank them enough for all they have done for us and for their love and support. My mom is coming in tonight ... we feel so blessed to be lifted and re energized!



I can't even begin to express the experiences we have had with other families who are experiencing such tremendous loss and sadness. We have made friends for life here and will continue to lift each other up. We have felt the loss of 3 beautiful children this week. Although it is sad I am reminded of the grace, love and peace that only comes in those desperate moments. Love to each of the families .... thank you for letting us be part of your journey and we look forward to keeping in touch.

6 comments:

  1. Hi wheatley's,
    I don't know if you remember me...I am Nichole's brother in law Clint's wife, amy (if that is not totally confusing.) Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I have snuck onto your blog. Nichole gave me your address and I am so heartbroken to see what poor Hatcher and your family are going through. We are fasting for him and keeping him in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Jaxyn is back with you guys!! I bet you are all loving every minute of being back together as a family!! Hatcher looks so happy and full of life again!! What a sweet boy he is!! How fun to be able to have your sister there with you!! I am glad she is able to be there for you!! Wish there was someway we could make it down to see you guys!!:( We continue to pray for all of you, through the ups and downs that you have been dealing with!! Love you all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brit,
    I hope you remember me, Amy Winmill from Wendell. I am so sorry to hear about Hatcher!! I spoke with Amy Dunn on Thursday at the spelling bee and I told her I had lost your number because Remington had been asking about Jaxyn. I had no idea all that your family has been going through!! I just wanted to let you know that we love you and have been thinking of you all year! Remington talks all the time about Jaxyn, so could you please let her know that Remington says Hello and that we are praying for you all!! Give both your babys a kiss and a hug from all of us!!!

    Your blog is wonderful and I can feel all of the love and support from friends and family. You are a very wonderful person and it was such a pleasure getting to know you and your family!! We miss you guys and I will continue to watch for your little fighters speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we've been praying for you. Sorry your sweet family has to go through even more than what you've been through already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had said that Ralph and Vauna had flown back down there and I worried that Hatcher was having another rough spell - I was so happy to see your post and pictures of him smiling. I imagine you're all so emotionally and physically exhausted - I'm glad you've had visitors to pick you up. And thank goodness you can be together as a family again! We are praying for you continually as you face hard decisions and continue on through this journey of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please know we are praying for your sweet Hatcher and your family. It makes me so sad to see other children having rough days in the hospital like Mason has experienced many times :( But am so grateful for the power of faith and prayer to bring little rays of sunshine and comfort. You are in the hands of the best of the best......trust in them and in our dear Father Above :) Lots of Love from Miracle Mason and Mommy

    ReplyDelete