Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter
This is one of our favorite Drs ... Rebeca we will miss you and look forward to seeing you Thursday. You have been a tremendous blessing to our family and we can not thank you enough for being such a great advocate of Hatcher's. Not only are you so talented in what you do, but are a wonderful person. Thank you for being part of our journey.


It has been a few days since I last posted .... so I thought tonight I would catch up. A quick overview ... Friday Hatcher went to the OR where they were able to pull out a huge cast from his right lung. It was huge and hard to believe he has even been able to breath with that thing in him. It was a fast procedure ... about 4 minutes to take it out, but because Hatcher is Hatcher they had a hard time trying to stabilize him and it ended up being about 3 hours. We are back in the CVICU and are doing a new treatment called TPA through a nebulizer in hopes of helping with the plastic bronchitis. It is so much for him. I feel so bad putting him through all of this. The treatments are every 3 hours and it feels like just when we are done with one it is time for another. He gets a mask sealed to his face and a tent over him. We all mask up for the treatments and it even makes my lungs irritated. Just having the RT guy walk in makes him scream, "I don't want a treatment." His phrase for the past few days is, "I wanna be done!" It is so rare to see plastic bronchitis and it has been hard having so many unknowns. He will go again to the OR tomorrow because his right lung once again appears to be compromised. On a better note I am so thankful that it is Easter... the bunny did find us, but more importantly what a wonderful hope the celebration of Easter brings. Our faith remains strong, thank goodness for unwavering faith, it is what we live on everyday. Hatcher just finished his 12am treatment and is asleep. I have been curling up on the end of his bed and he loves to put his feet on my face. I will gently move them but within minutes they are right back on. Oh my silly little boy, we love you!


Grandma Wheatley ... We are praying for you and a fast recovery! Hatcher and I prayed for you tonight and I told him you were in the hospital too. He said, "oh, that's too bad hu." That is too bad grandma, but know that we are thinking of you and love you to pieces!


10 comments:

  1. We are still praying for you! Hope your Easter was good. My Benjamin saw the pictures of Hatcher and said "That's Me!".
    We love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good easter!! You guys are seriously so amazing. You seriously give all of us comfort and strength. We are praying like crazy. Get better little Hatcher. We want you to be done too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Everyday (sometimes more than once) the girls "want to see what Hatcher is doing." Your strength is beyond words. Your faith is unwavering. Our continued prayers and love - The Carpenters

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you all and have been praying for all of you. It looks like Hatcher had a few easter bunnies stop by!! Nobody deserves it more then him. We love him he is teaching us so much and the strength and faith you have is such a testimony builder for me. You will all continue to be in our hearts and prayers. Love Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting such a sweet message. I miss you all too!!!! Yours, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randy, Britt, Jackson, and The Brave Cowboy,

    This is my third attempt to send you a message. I keep messing up becuase I have a hard time typing while I am crying.
    You have no idea how amazed I am at all of you. Randy, you and Brit are strong and so lucky to have each other. You hold each other up when needed & give strength to your children when needed to get through this ordeal. You will all get through this!

    Hatcher & Chris are two of the reasons why I love life. Both boys are stronger than I can ever be & both are special. They bring joy to every life that is blessed to cross their paths. They are the miracles of my life.

    Hatcher, you fight and fight! If I could switch you places I would. You will make it through this small part of your life and acconplish so much more. You are a special boy!

    Jackson, you are a strong sister giving her brother all the love a sister could. I say this because I am a litte brother and I had a sister just like you and so does Chris!

    Randy and Brit, I cannot help but feel your pain... somewhat. Be strong, be there for each other, and never give up. I am not the most religous person, BUT I believe Hatcher will make it through this and will amaze the world. Not only because of his will to fight, but because of what he will learn from his parents.

    I will continue to where this red bracelet until the day I get to watch Chris and Hatcher play together again! All my love.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hatcher, we want you to know we love you and have you in our thoughts and prayers every day. We felt inspired to write you this poem. We hope it brings you and your family a small amount of comfort:

    My sweet little Hatcher,
    My sweet little son
    My angels I’ve sent you
    For this I have done

    Your pain and your sorrow
    Swells up in my heart
    I send you a blessing
    Through those set apart

    Your dear earthly father
    His priesthood to heal
    I’ll open up heaven
    My love you’ll there feel

    Your struggle seems great
    But here will be small
    Endure it my son
    For this was the fall

    Have faith my dear Hatcher
    Hold on to your will
    For my son, my beloved
    Is with you there still

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Randy, Britt, and sweetest boy Hatcher,
    You have all been on my mind each day and I am glued to your blog each morning. I don't like hearing about the pain and stress Hatcher and you all are going through. Wish I could take it all away for you. I am so glad the Easter bunny visited Hatcher. I researched Plastic Bronchitis to educate myself about it. It's so crazy all the things that affect the body. Hatcher is so blessed to have you both by his side and all the great medical staff who are helping too. I love how you're sleeping at the bottom of his bed Britt and Hatcher's putting his feet on your face. I went and visited Grandma Wheatley after work yesterday so she could see Caden. We were talking about Hatcher and I told her I don't know him that well, but I sure love him. He definitely has more strength than a lot of us. We are still praying for you each day and hoping for the best! Please give your little cowboy a sqeeze from us and stay strong like you are. It snowed in Pocatello this morning. Crazy Idaho weather. Love you all - have a great day and good luck to Hatcher during his treatments. I cried when I read the post of him saying he didn't want anymore. Breaks my heart everything he's going through. Sening another big hug from Poky! Take care and know everyone is sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Britt, Randy, Jaxyn and Hatcher,
    It has been a while since we got to see you last here in good ol' Wendell. I have been watching your blog and keeping you and your family in our prayers, as do all of the ward here. Bishop announces how he is doing for us and any news he has heard. It just makes me cry watching the trials poor Hatcher has to face, but he is such a strong boy and you and Randy are amazing! You guys are such great examples to everyone. I hope you guys are well and we will keep you in our prayers. Hold on, stay strong, Heavenly Father loves you.
    God bless,
    Daniel, Rachel Dimond and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brit:

    We are following your journey here in Texas. You are such an amazing person with such strength. Just want you to know we are here with you and love you all so much.
    Bev, Colby & Kayla, Jeffrey & Jen and families and keeping Doug and family posted.

    ReplyDelete