Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hatcher loved pet therapy and guess who cried when the dog left? I think Randy and I have spent just about as much time in the bed as Hatcher!
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed sores bite!

They figure this happened because of the length of the surgery, ouch!
Hatcher has collected lots of beads this trip, too many for my liking!


Hatcher continues to get stronger and stronger! He is grumpy most of the time, so when he smiles it just melts my heart! He has a little Nerf shooter and has been shooting it at the nurses and Dr's when they come in his room. He thinks it is so funny and pumps his arm and says, "yes" after he gets one of them. I love seeing his personality come back once in a while! Over all we have had a much better last 2 days and he slept for a few hours at a time last night! He still continues to have some withdrawal issues, but they are getting better each day. His x-ray this morning showed more improvement with his lungs, and his echo yesterday showed his heart function was good. His pic line came out yesterday, and he is now getting all meds through his NG tube. It's really amazing to think how far he has come!

Another one of our heart friends passed away yesterday, we are thinking of you and pray for peace. I feel like I was a fly on the wall watching as you fought for your baby with so much courage. We are grateful for all of the wonderful people we have meet, you have truly touched our lives.

5 comments:

  1. So cute!!:) I bet he was in heaven with the dog!!:) All of the therapies that hospitals offer these days is so amazing!! Glad he continues to do so wonderful!! His pressure sore though....Yikes!! That looks so awful and I am sure super painful!! Glad I don't do wound care!!;) We love you guys and continue to pray for all of you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say I love the Pet Therapy picture. I don't blame Hatcher for crying. I hope the doggy brightened his day. Love the picture of Randy and Hatcher sleeping. What a cute Dad he is. Hatchers poor head. Hope that heals fast and doesn't drive him crazy with being itchy. Love to you all!
    PS. So good to see Hatcher up and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so happy to see the sweet pictures of Hatcher! David said his prayers last night saying how thankful he was that Hatcher is getting better and prayed to continue that way! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Hatcher's making such great progress each day. Makes a difference when you can walk, eat, play with a puppy, and get some fresh air. Still thinking of you guys each day and wishing you all the best. Such a sweet picture of Randy and Hatcher taking a nap. Take care and have a great day! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for Hatcher and his progress! I am also so sad for your friends who lost their little one! Sending love to your family and everyone that surrounds you! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete