Saturday, April 2, 2011

My little trooper!
Brooke and Danny surprised us with a visit. What a wonderful uplift to be able to see them! We sure love you Mauger clan, thanks for your friendship and support, it meant more than you know. I should also note surprise visits from Marshall and Kevin!

So good to see this handsome face again!
Hatcher was on cpap for just over 24 hours.
Last day on vent!

It is amazing what 2 days can do! Although Hatcher is still having trouble with his lungs they felt it was best to get off the vent. He is on a high flow oxygen, which still puts lots of air into his tummy so he can't eat. They put in an NJ tube which goes past the stomach. He will hopeful start to get small amounts of feed to help give him some strength. He is having some withdrawal issues and is restless, but is on methadone to help keep him in la la land. He is such a trooper and so tough. On Thursday night our nurse changed his sternum bandage. It was my turn on nights and it was 1 am, so I guess technically it was Friday. My legs could hardly hold me when I saw his chest. It looked like something out of a horror film. I'm a wimp anyway when it comes to blood and guts! I didn't say that I was about to drop on the ground because Hatcher was so wide eyed and wanted me so bad. I have to admit as soon as it was over and he was back asleep I went out to the couches, cried, and had to lay down! Sorry I'm such a wimp bud!

I had these teats to give to all of our nurses and Dr's that have taken such good care of Hatcher. It's true, life really would "SUCK" without all of them! Thanks to everyone that has taken such good care of our little man!

9 comments:

  1. Yay Hatcher!!:) I can't believe how much better he looks already!! Glad that he is continuing to make such good progress!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to hear he is doing well! We are still praying for him. Such a brave little boy (and mom).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! He looks so great!! SO happy to hear he is doing better. Thought of you guys a lot today during conference, you are such a strong example to so many. We love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first picture! He looks so wide eyed and full of hope. Everynight I think of him and you for being such a strong mommy. Don't know if I could do it but then again I know a mom would do anything for her child! Prayers are still for you in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to see him looking so well, keep up the good work bud. We have your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing those big brown eyes!! Keep hanging in there guys! I love that you had surprise visitors, how fun! Those suckers are so cute that you made. We are still thinking and praying for you guys! Thanks for your good example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hatcher looks so much better. Hope you are able to relax a little more now. It is such an ordeal for the entire family. Sending you continued love and prayers from cold, old Idaho.

    Val Arvas

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so good to see those brown eyes! And, I love the suckers. You are so creative! How fun that Maugers were able to visit. I am sure it was good for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear!!He is such a little stud!

    ReplyDelete