Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE COWBOY IS BACK!

It is amazing how fast the human body heals, we can't believe how good his chest looks!

I tease that people are going to ask what happened to his head and he will say, "I had open heart surgery." Dang that c-pap mark!
Look out, this cowboy is ready to fight again! Add Image He loves his BOB balloon!
He is just so much happier!
Hatcher's PJ's say, "Chicks dig scars"
Story time to help the day go by! One of our favorite people Lupe!
I can't even tell you how grateful I am for a place to sleep by my baby at night!


Hatcher had the best nights sleep last night since this whole crazy thing began! He only woke up a few times and was easy to comfort and get back to sleep. Every time he asked for a drink, he would say, "oh, thank you momma." My little man is coming back! This morning Randy and I gave him his first real bath in the tub in his room. He even brought in a toy to play with. They are telling us that we will be able to go to the apartment soon! He will have to stay local and do follow ups here at LPCH, but anything sounds better than another night in the hospital! I would come everyday if it meant we could get out of here! Sounds like he will have to go home with oxygen, NG tube and plenty of medications, bring it on, no biggy! His lungs and sodium levels still keep us on our toes. This morning he had his daily x-ray, echo, and blood work. We continue to feel so blessed as we watch his progress and want to thank everyone for all of the support, love and prayers! We are so happy to have our little cowbly back!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun update to read---so glad your cowboy is back! And, I hope that you get to sleep on a real bed soon! Thanks for keeping all of us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA, He's back just in time for RODEO SEASON! I am with Melanie...hope you get that nice, comfy, bed really really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is all great news! I love to see that little boy's smile! I am so happy for you guys!
    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. Love seeing the pictures and rush home from work each day to check your blog. Hatcher looks great! Glad to see that cute smile back on his face!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so darn cute, and I am so glad he is doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallelujah!!!! Oh, it really is so good to see that smile! I still think of that comment Jaxson made (that you posted about quite a while back, it went something like: "so basically if you've had open heart surgery three times (and I'll add FOUR times now), you're practically a miracle". We are so grateful for your MIRACLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pic of him and Randy made me cry! So happy he is doing so well! What a special little boy! We sure love him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your updates - our entire church is praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute little boy! We are so happy to see him smiling and hear it going so well. We continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just spoke with your Mom today and heard what has been going on. What an amazing little boy Hatcher is!
    I will be praying for you all...
    God bless
    Connie Longanecker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for keeping us posted. We pray for your angel cowboy every day. May you all be blessed.

    Byron and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete