Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Month!



The final diagnosis of Plastic Bronchitis was confirmed Monday. We feel blessed to be at a hospital that really works as a team to figure out what the best approach will be. They brought in other Dr's from different hospitals to help in trying to decide what to do. It is rare and complex so finding the best solution is going to take some work. It will be a bit of a waiting game to determine what we are going to do but there has been talk of going to the cath lab to check heart pressures, the possibility of a transplant, going home and living it out, and others I'm sure we haven't even heard yet. Although a little overwhelmed and not what we were wanting to hear, we know that the Lord will watch over us and ultimately the best decision for Hatcher will be made. If anything we feel so blessed to have so much support and encouragement from all of our family, friends, and even complete strangers ... it keeps us going. Special thanks to all of the doctors and nurses, Hatcher has some amazing people on his team! I'm starting to feel a little greedy with these miracles, but another one would sure come in handy!


Hatcher has been so lovey dovey ... kissin and hugin on Randy and I all day. I love it and can't seem to get enough!
Out of all the fun toys in the playroom Hatcher always goes to the barn and horses ... imagine that!

This is Hatcher's new bull ridding vest. He thought it was cool and even had an arm in the air till it was turned on and shook him for 30 minutes! What a good sport you have been through all of this!


Dyeing Easter eggs in the toy room!




I haven't even been able to think about getting out thank yous .... so for now this is a huge thank you for all who have sent goodies, notes, helped out with Jaxyn and been so wonderful to us. It sure makes the day brighter to know so many care!


I just had to post this! This is a picture of Hatcher's cast .... amazing .... icky ... very sci-fi! Here's to plastic bronchitis!

8 comments:

  1. Hatcher is looking great! I really look forward to your blog updates, so thank you, again, for keeping us posted. The cast is disgusting. Did he cough that thing up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the heck? That is what he coughed up? That had to hurt poor little buddy! Wow, Britt 1 month. That is a long time and you guys have been so positive and strong the whole time. Wish we could be closer to either you or Jaxyn to be able to help with something. Hang in there our prayers are still coming! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of his "getting" to wear a bull-riding vest! And the cast...yes, very icky. :) I just have to add that Without even knowing it, Hatcher is a beautiful reminder of all we have to be thankful for. And we are so happy that he seems to be doing well, although we know struggles may be/are still to come. We continue to pray for and think of you always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit, we are still praying for you guys everyday. You are so strong. I know that you and Randy will make the best decisions for Hatcher. He has amazing drs. and nurses caring for him. You and Randy are such great parents. Hang in there. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vest makes me smile because I had a roommate in college with CF and she has had one of those vests since before she can remember. For her it was a way of life, but for us it was just entertaining to give it a try while trying to avoid inhaling her meds, haha. Hatcher is such a strong and courageous little guy! What a blessing he is to your family! I'm so glad you've got a wonderful team that you trust and that work so hard for him! We continue to pray for him as well as your family and team! We love you guys and are here if you need anything! We look forwards to your return home and warmer weather so we can play! <3 Webbers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Britt, you continue to amaze and inspire me as a mom. Praying for your family, Hatcher is one incredible boy!
    Love
    Niki Haggren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brit:

    Happy Easter Sweetie!! Lets pray for a miracle on this Easter Sunday.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brit,
    My name is Jenn. I just spent the last hour reading about your life and everything you are going through. I just had my third baby back in December and have been having hospital insanity too. I met Susy Anderson and little Sofia up at Primary's in Salt Lake City and she told me about you, how amazing you are, and showed me your blog. She told me all about Ethan and Canada and traveling and code blues and how different everything is compared to Primary's. My little guy has had two surgeries so far for a coarctation and hypoplastic arch, a flailed mitral valve, and a bit of a clogged pulmonary vein. He just turned 6 months and finally weighs 12 pounds. He is home on oxygen, he has pulmonary hypertension and only 6 meds. We are hoping he lives long enough and grows big enough to make it to a replacement valve. He is doing well now so I am optimistic but still realistic. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello as a fellow heart friend. It's quite an incredible ride to live life like this and somehow still make it work. I've loved getting to know Susy a little and you a little now through words. I love writing and find it very theraputic. Your blog is awesome. I know people tell me they are so grateful for updates so they don't feel like they are prying into private life. I've found comfort and knowledge in learning about other people's battles. You have quite the load and I wish you luck and the company of angels as you go home and mix all your own meds, give treatments, and find more than two minutes at a time to sleep. Your family is beautiful.

    love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete