Thursday, April 7, 2011

HAPPY DAY!

Sitting on Dad's lap for the fist time
Hatcher looking at his roommate Caleb. If you can believe it these two sweeties were roommates when they were babies too! How wonderful to have friends to room with. Out of 24 beds in the CVICU we ended up together. He has the same heart defect as Hatcher. I love it when they turn and just look at each other. Caleb has had a really rough go this round too, keep being strong our sweet friend! Caleb waving to Hatcher.
I quick took a shot as they were changing his bandages, looking so much better! He got the 2 chest tubes out today. The only thing in his chest still is the pace wires (blue) that go to his heart.
In the wagon getting settled
Just getting in the wagon was a production!

Happy day! Hatcher has had an amazing last 2 days, so sore, but huge progress! He started to talk yesterday which was the most wonderful sound I have ever heard! His first sentence was, "I wanna go home." He had a sippy cup and boy was he thirsty. He asked for ice water all day but they wanted him to take it slow, so it never was enough. We were able to take him on a wagon ride inside the icu unit. He is so weak, and what a production to get everything into the wagon! It was well worth it seeing him enjoy something! He pooped, watched a little American Idol and even pretended he was playing his guitar. Today they took out his last 2 chest tubes! He seemed to be uncomfortable all day, but so refreshing to see him acting like himself. They are even talking about sending him up to 3 west in the next few days which is an intermediate unit. It is so crazy all of the little things I take for granted every day. Just being able to swallow, or talk or walk! Hatcher we love you, keep fighting and getting better!

12 comments:

  1. Im so happy for you guys and all the progress Hatcher is making! He is such an example of courage and strength. We are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have been hoping for an update! So happy for you guys! He looks so good Britt! Just needs to get some meat back on those bones! You guys hang in there. Ryan is in ID with Marli & Bodie. I called last night and Bodie couldn't even talk because him and Jaxyn were giggling! I hope they have a fun weekend! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello guys! I love reading about the updates and when I read this one.....I had to wipe away some tears. I am so happy that Hatcher got to get out of bed and take a wagon ride and how sweet that his buddy Caleb is by his side too. It's great to hear that Hatcher is getting back to his old self. I don't know Hatcher very well, but I want to give him a big HUG next time I see him. Take care and still thinking about you all. It snowed again today in Pocatello, so be happy you're were it's warm! Love, Michelle Butterfield

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit & Randy,
    We think of you everyday! So happy to hear how well Hatcher is doing! Love you guys! We'll keep praying for you!
    Chad & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy Hatcher is making such good progress! You are always in our prayers - can't wait to have you back in IDAHO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY! That is great news! We're glad that Hatcher is doing better. Keep it up, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so heart warming to see Hatchers progress. Such sweet pictures of Randy lifting him into the wagon. Hatcher is a tuff fighter! I'm sending lots of love and continued progress for Hatcher!


    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing to watch him get stronger each day and we are so amazed by your family's grace and humility thru this tough experience. We will continue to pray for your little cowboy -Whitney Beem and family...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hatcher is so amazing. This post brought tears to my eyes. Randy is such a sweet Daddy. I am just so happy he is progressing and starting to be himself again, that warms my heart. We love you guys and are still praying every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I read your blog I leave it crying, I am so glad he is doing well. I admire your strength to sit by and do what you do and still stay strong. This kind of thing would definitely change your perspective on life. Hatcher is an amazing little boy, he has gone through more than most people in life, he is one special boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Britt, I finally did it...got a google account so I could post! I am totally with Hatcher, I want him to come home too! I love you guys and think of you every day! Cooper prays for Hatcher's "special heart" to get better every day so he and Hatcher can play with their cowboy guns etc. We love you and will pray for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah has been keeping us posted the last few weeks and gave us the address to your blog which we have been checking regularly. We are so glad to hear of the progress Hatcher is making. We know you guys have lots of support but want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers also. You guys are amazing and Hatcher is one tough cowboy!

    ReplyDelete