Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 21

Special thanks to Heather and the Fisher family for letting us be a part of HUGS! Hatcher was able to give a bunch of these, definitely a highlight of the trip! I know the reason Heather and I became friends was not by chance. We have felt so much strength and I'm afraid Hatcher has made Jason work overtime this go around! Thank you Fisher family for lending us your favorite uncle to watch over Hatcher, he was an amazing man and continues to be. I can't help but think all the kids who got hugs also got a guardian angel. We love you Heather and look forward to continuing Jason's memory.
I knew he must be feeling better when he asked for his chaps and cowboy hat last night!
We were trying to get Hatcher to play trains, all he wanted to do was scratch!
I'm not sure who liked this outdoor time better, Hatcher or Randy!
This is Alex, the first nurse I have seen Hatcher smile at! Wagon rides, wagon rides and more wagon rides! Even at 3 and 4 this morning, fun for mom!
Nichole and Jaxyn got him this little horse before they left. I saw it in the car yesterday and it has been a hit. He named it spot and it goes on all wagon rides and walks!


This is Hatcher's 21st day in the hospital and I can hardly believe all of the things this little man has gone through! He got the rest of his stitches out and he is definitely getting his strength back because it took 3 of us to hold him down and 1 to take out the stitches! He is just on oxygen and the NG tube to put his medications through! The hardest thing is trying to get a 3 year old not to scratch all the things that are oh so scratchy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you guys, Hatcher looks incredible! I cannot believe how far he's come in such a "short" amount of time. I know it hasn't seemed short to any of you though! It is so unbelievable that he isn't hooked up to anything but oxygen! It's like having a puppy on a leash! I promise it gets easier! Please tell Jaxyn we hope she had a happy, happy birthday today. She deserves the best, she's been such a trouper too! We can't wait to celebrate with you when you are home. There will be much to celebrate, that's for sure! We love you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow---seems to me like so many improvements! So good to see pictures of Hatcher without so many tubes. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a testimony to me of believing the Lord hears and answers our prayers if we have the faith to believe!! Love you Hatcher.
    Jaxyn gets the prize for Super-Sis. Happy 8th birthday to Jaxyn!! We love you cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cowboy hat pic!! He looks so good you guys! Can't wait for you to all be home and together again! We sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! He looks so great, so happy to see your little cowboy doing so well. He really looks amazing!I too believe in miracles! So so happy for all of you.

    Happy Birthday to darling Jaxyn, what a great big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entire family is amazing! I am truly inspired by how incredible and strong you are. It's great to follow sweet little Hatcher's recovery. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete