Monday, April 4, 2011

Hatcher's Recovery

I love how Hatcher is always crossing his legs. Right now the surgeon is taking out Hatcher's fontan line to his heart and his pd drain from his abdomen. I'm sure it will go fine, nerve racking but one more step that he has to take. Another big thing today was getting a pic line put in. Hope that will help in the long run not getting poked so many times! Thanks for all of the love, support, letters, prayers, and fun things we are getting in the mail! Melanie, the ABC book was just too cute! I can't thank you enough for going to all of that work, I know it will be Hatchers favorite thing! It made me cry (and I think I am almost out of tears), so good to remember better days! We will forever be grateful for all who have lifted us!

Yum, that sponge with water sure tastes good dad!
Today, Day 13, Hatcher's first little sponge drink! No more c-pap agiain!
And yes, Amy is still my favorite nurse! Thanks for putting up with us!
Back on C-pap
Before C-pap

Hatcher is still fighting strong although he had to go back on c-pap yesterday due to fluid in the lungs. That thing is just so uncomfortable for a 3 year old, although I think I was more bummed out than Hatcher! Today was a much better day. He was very uncomfortable because they are taking him off of his medications, but its good to hear a fight in his little voice again. We spent the day shifting, watching movies, telling stories, changing diapers (witch he hates) and just trying to make him get through the day. This really is so exhausting, thank goodness I have a good hubby (and grandma) to help all the time! He was able to suck on a little green sponge with water on it, and boy did he love it! He kept saying "thirsty dad." His voice is still so little and scratchy from being on the vent, but I could hear it today! I can't wait till he can have his sippy cup back!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...he is looking so much better...with a little more life in his eyes!!:) Such a sweetheart!! We love you Hatcher!! Keep up the good work!!:) Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatcher is looking better. Small little miracle steps. I do not want to cause you more tears, but glad the book arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the updates. We continue to pray for all of you throughout the day. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete