Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hard Day

A special visit form some Easte Bunnies!
These dogs are amazing in connecting with children, so gentel and loving.

This was so sweet they way this dog just let Hatcher look at him.


Yesterday was a hard day for Hatcher. It started out with a very unsuccessful blood draw with lots of tears from Hatcher and mom. When it was all said and done he was so sweaty and so were Randy and I. Then the normal checks ... x-ray and the vest with the nebulizer treatments that are now up to four times a day. The vest is often used in CF patients, but they are hoping it will help Hatcher and his plastic bronchitis. Yesterday he coughed up two cast and he had one this morning early around 1 am. It breaks my heart to see him struggle to get those out. We are hoping that today we will be able to make a plan... still not sure what the best approach is. It is scary to see our happy little Hatcher turn into a very sick little boy so quickly. Once the cast is coughed up he feels so much better almost instantly and his saturation levels go right back up. We feel at peace with all that he is up against and know that the Lord will take care of him. Last night was a long night. It was all I could do not to cry ... Hatcher must have asked to go home more than 100 times. He kept saying "I just want my cowboy bed mom, I wanna go home." He has been asking for Jaxyn too and says, "Jaxyn I need you." Last night before bed pet therapy came and after a rough day it was so good to see that smile back. We appreciate all the volunteers that come so faithfully to play the guitar, put on preschool, bring their pets, it makes hard days easier.

5 comments:

  1. Britt - don't feel greedy with your miracles, we are praying so hard for you to have another one as well! I was wondering if you are going to have a family/friend fast for little Hatcher - if so, please let us know because I know there are many of us that would love to be a part of that! If not, we will do it on our own. You have blessed so many lives and we want to do what little we can to help you in return, this is all I could think of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this post it made me think of the Psalm talking about what God does with our tears - that none of them go un-noticed!
    Psalm 56:8 (NLT)
    You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.

    That is God's message to each of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, your boy is such a fighter. And so are you. And I know you don't have a choice, but you are. I'm so glad you got to hear that conference talk. I thought of you when I heard it. And cried and cried, because I know my Emily is one of those angels! I know that whatever decisions you make, you will be blessed with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany, You are such an inspiration. I don't know how you you are able to handle so much and still have such strong faith, you are amazing. It breaks my heart reading about Hatcher wanting to go home.
    I wanted you to know that every day for weeks my 2, 4 and 5 year old boys have been praying for your little guy. In every prayer, I hear, "please bless Hatcher to feel better and bless his family to be happy." We will continue to pray for more miracles.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Britt, Randy, and Jaxyn,
    I don't like reading Hatcher is having some struggles. I can't believe that's the stuff he's coughing up with the plastic bronchitis. Hatcher's the cutest thing ever and is such a fighter. You guys are so strong and are most definitely an inspiration to us all. So glad the pets, games, going outside, and the other activities are available to help brighten Hatcher's day. Big hugs and prayers to you all. Love, Michelle Butterfield

    ReplyDelete